2006-08-07

Cup Match and crazy drivers

I'll get the sports out of the way. In the 2006 edition of the Cup Match Classic, and I must pause to recognize the significance of Emancipation Day in Bermuda, St. George's walloped Somerset to retain the crown for another year. A very nice couple of days out and a much-needed break from work. See here for a set of pics courtesy of BlackandCoke.com.

Saturday, and I was already wondering why the hell I went to town as I not only got a screw puncturing the rear tire of my bike, and was subsequently dumbfounded as the usually excellent and reliable Mobile Fix-A-Flat were closed for business in the early afternoon!, luckily enough found a guy to fix it eventually... but on to the how-the-hell part of the day's events.

So I'm at a traffic light, and a bike simply overtakes this station wagon on the right. No big deal, it would seem. When the light goes green and traffic flows, the guy in the station wagon pulls underneath the guy on the bike and actually sticks an arm out and whacks him. Repeat, whacks this guy on his bike while motoring along! That's perhaps the most dangerous and idiotic thing I've seen on the road in quite some time. Imagine what could have happened if the guy fell over, potentially in the path of oncoming traffic. That ought to be a crime no less than assault, and to you, the careless driver of 30607, yeah an old white station wagon, you are Booked. And a menace.

I'll share the tale of another red-light runner that I witnessed this afternoon at a later time.

No comments: