2006-02-07

Superbowl 06

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers on winning the NFL championship title. Of course you won't hear me ever use the term "world championships" for any domestic sports league, but that's another story.

One of my favourite NFL players, Heinz Ward, won the MVP title with a TD reception, 152 yards receiving and 18 yards rushing. Jermone Bettis caps off a stellar career with victory in his hometown of Detroit.

Even though the game wasn't the best-played in terms of gameplay and there were some controversial moments, the best team won. I'm not too happy with the over-abundance of high-school-grade local commercials during the breaks; I'd much rather have seen the million-dollar productions stateside instead of another lame Bermuda.com static ad. Let the local guys stick a banner on the screen if they want to next time.

I was talking briefly to my good friend Attleeboy last night when he informed me of the amazing news that Barbados finally implemented postal codes. Overdue of course, and for some reason I can't yet find out exactly when this change happened. But it's a good thing.

Mind you, I'm posting this from a country that put in a one-year grace period when implementing a much-publicised seatbelt law and to this day wants to bring in larger and larger vehicles knowing full-well that they're not all that suitable for our narrow roads. So who's really blind?

No comments: