2014-01-21

Take care when you post on court/crime articles, Bermuda

Sometimes when I read the comments following local articles dealing with arrests or other crime/court related issues, I think that the situation's almost hilarious.

If I didn't know better, I'd think that some of them were satirical.

As it is, odds are that these are real people, exposing their real motives and potentially exposing themselves unnecessarily as either deluded or borderline crazy.

Much the same way that relatives of people injured in crashes or the like should be advised to avoid online news articles about said person, I think friends or relatives of people that are the subject of crime or court issues should do likewise. Even if you are supportive of the person involved, giving them an online 'shout-out' will only lead to negative consequences.

No comments: