2007-08-30

Police: a thankless job

Reason #27 why I wouldn't want to become a police officer in Bermuda:
the defendant kept telling him "I'm going to kill you, I'm going to kill your children".

acting magistrate Justin Williams said: "I've heard what you have to say and what the officers have had to say. From what I've heard I believe the Police officers. I find you guilty of these offences."

Bassett was fined $2,500 and banned from driving for a year.
You're kidding me. The judge found the man guilty of violently resisting arrest, using threatening words, using offensive words, and assaulting a Police officer among other things, but gets sentenced to a fine and a ban from driving (which seriously, doesn't get tracked anyway). Zero prison time. The man threatened to kill the officer's family.

I can't add anything else to this farce masquerading as justice. Nothing else. Good luck with recruiting others.

No comments: