2005-06-08

New idea for making a little money on the side

Suffering from a heavier workload the past few days. It was inevitable, what with my direct manager and semi-manager both away, so memories of my May vacation are rapidly fading away. Heh.

Would you believe that I saw a repeat of last week's traffic-light dodging today? The rider of BB 477 peered around to see if traffic was coming, then took off. What can I say.

After passing an 'accident' site - a cop was talking with the teenage rider of a moped that apparently hit or was hit by a car - I reached Flatts where the rider of AW 421 darted his way into traffic just in front of me. I saw him all the way, but boy that was blatant.

I wonder if the Police would take me seriously if I applied for a part-time job of traffic warden at one of those spots. I could just stand there in uniform and see how those drivers and riders react, if they continue to knowingly break the law or actually pay attention to the rules of the road.

Finally, I love The Onion. It's a usually-funny satire and I visit there fairly often. And this article, is DAG Theory pumped up, in a way. Ah, the ol' "Friend Zone". Run away if it approaches!

No comments: