2005-04-26

Sweet Dreams Are Made of This - maybe

I've never been one to subscribe to the theory that dreams are the precursors to reality, or whatever the phrase is. While I've had many crazy dreams, they've all been simply that, dreams. I tend to nearly never have dreams involving people that I know (or involving people such as Gabrielle Union). Even the more erotic ones have involved people I've never met or could not recognize as a celebrity.

It was quite weird when I had a dream the other day in which I believe I had sex with a female friend. Now we already know that I have tended to be attracted to at least some of my female friends. However, I really try to avoid thinking of them in a sexual manner. Why? I think I don't want to come across as disrespectful in any way, and perhaps by allowing for things approaching lust to cross my mind, I cross that boundary. Agree or disagree with this thought process in the Forums, if you like. Heh.

What makes this situation a little more intense is that I have had a crush on this woman for a fairly long time now. We're good friends. A mutual friend has already at least once hinted to me that we should hook up. I think even the woman herself may have had the idea pass through her mind. When I woke up, I had a very strong urge to call her - I hadn't seen her in a few weeks as well. I didn't make the call though. What would I say?

Was this dream an actual sign and a pleading by my subconscious to actually do something about the current relationship? Or was it just another typical 'who knows, alternate universe' scenario that shouldn't affect my normal decision-making process? I don't know.

No comments: