2005-01-19

Friendship between men and women

The CBS Early Show had an interesting piece on the issue regarding whether or not men and women can be friends. I tend to agree with the interviewee in how she believes how men and women operate when it comes to the opposite sex and friendship. Heck, I've been there, heh. I can't yet comment on the latter part of her interview when she discusses a situation with married folks in the workplace. Worth a read, the article.

I try to stay out of the political landscape, especially locally - for the main reason that I don't trust any of these guys as far as I can throw them. But I have no qualms agreeing with certain people when they call out others who would villify them. One such person is Christian Dunleavy and his web blog politics.bm has grown into an interesting read. His latest article takes aim at a woman who responded to a commentary he made with such patronizing disdain that I had to shudder. One of my pet peeves is deliberate sarcasm when used to attack someone and it can really spoil what can otherwise be an intelligent debate. Don't be surprised to see more of that site's content linked to from Beachlime.

No comments: