2008-01-15

Barbardos: Time to vote

Racial issues aside, there may be similarities in Barbados's election to those in Bermuda last month. Both campaigns took place during the Christmas period, which upset many people. Both feature an incumbent party that has had to deal with allegations of scandal and kickbacks. Both feature a challenging party that's been labeled as not ready to govern and their leader labeled as not the right guy to lead the country.

My sources (yeah, I have 'sources'... ooooh how juicy) tell me that the BLP are likely to retain easily a majority of seats this time around, securing an unprecedented fourth consecutive term governing the country.

Apparently I was mailed brochureware from both main parties, as I'm eligible to vote in Barbados because of my citizenship. Hopefully I'll get to take a look at it sometime soon. More on the results later, I suppose.

No comments: