2009-08-21

Who's the translator?

So I'm reading up more about Ryan Brathwaite's great win and IAAF has a profile page titled 'Flash Interviews' where he apparently gives an interview after his victory.

But the text is extremely bizarre, especially the last three. Did they translate from English to German and back again or something? For example:

"It was not good. I hit the last hurdle and it slowed me down. I cannot afford to do this - especially not at the World championships. Ryan is a young kid and he became a world champion. It is something above his ability."

"I am just a boy from a small village who got into the big athletic world. I am happy that I showed to all Czech athletes that it is possible to get so hight. This is my dream and I believe that if I did not have the health problems during this season, I could have ffight for medals. But I am very satisfied with this and I want to send a message to the world that I do not give up and they have to count with me."
What the hell does that mean? I'm sure he didn't say it exactly like that. Ah well. Still celebrating the historic victory for Barbados athletics.

No comments: