2006-01-03

Honesty is the Best Policy

Happy New Year, all. I look forward to a new year of blasting careless driving and all the other 'little issues' on the island (and the greater planet). I leave Limey and Christian and even the Sucks guys to deal with the big boy news.

I'm today making a New Year's Resolution for myself. I've been held back from opportunities because I haven't been fully honest with myself and other people. Since I still haven't been able to shake that 'people-pleaser' thing with myself I have held back things in the past year but there's no way that I can go forward until I've let it in the open. So I'm going to try to be more open with the people that I care about and try to control my destiny more. I think it's important to do so, regardless of the situation or whatever excuses I could conjure for myself, because I'm an adult and I need to take responsibility for any actions that I take (or do not take).

The other resolution of course, is to get my corner of Beachlime looking better and more friendly and entertaining for the viewer. Step One could be stealing my sister's digital camera and revitalizing the Photo Shack. I found some old photos from my days at Cave Hill while cleaning my room. Damn, I was slim even in college. So all the blame goes to the office for pushing me over 200 lbs. Whoops. Broke my resolution already. Sigh.

No comments: