2006-06-26

How do people get sick in June?

Been under the weather the past couple days. Not fun when your bones are aching. And of course it's good timing as it's now crunch time with the big projects at work.

Managed to make it to my new godson's christening/baptism/dedication ceremony/whatever it's supposed to be these days. He's such a happy kid, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get to post a photo of him sometime soon.

World Cup continues of course, my pick to win (Argentina) is still alive, but I think I can't win any of the sweepstakes pools I've entered. The action has sort of stalled in early second-round action. I'm glad I missed the snooze-fest between Switzerland and Ukraine today. 0-0 and the poor Swiss couldn't even put up a single penalty kick in the shoot-out.

Speaking of which, I wish there was a local version of Television Without Pity. Because after listening to poor Nick Jones deliver mixed metaphors like "put up or go home" or "one-one, apiece" I think I could write up a nice commentary of his analysis.

No comments: