2006-06-21

14 hours of daylight

Sunrise today at 6:12 am. Sun sets at 8:28 pm. The only bad news, I'm likely to be stuck at the office for all but like an hour at the end of the day. Viva Daylight Savings!

I made the mistake of telling an England supporter that I thought it was Argentina's year to win the World Cup. I think the impression she got was that I actually support them. In reality, I prefer quite a few teams to Argentina, including England. I was naturally a Trinidad and Tobago supporter during this tournament, but the team that I probably identify with the most is Spain.

Great qualities, but a tendency to not get it together when it needs to be done in order to advance. But maybe this year it will change. And yes, I'm kind of speaking in metaphors.

Congrats to the Carolina Hurricanes winning the NHL title and the Miami Heat on the NBA title. And the best is hopefully yet to come as the World Cup nears the knock-out phases.

No comments: