2004-09-28

Web Wonders

I'm currently debating whether to invest my time in throwing in some XML components to the new website. I've already spent quite a bit of time working on a PHP-mySQL service for some of my webpages, and what I may do is take a chance and do both. It can only help my overall web programming knowledge, I believe.

My primary web browser has changed from IE6 (which crashes every time I accept an ActiveX control) to Mozilla Firefox, and as expected, certain things render differently between the two browsers. It is helpful in the sense that I can design webpages with both browsers in mind, but it's frustrating to see a change that makes the page appear better in one and worse in the other. Yep, it's a CSS issue, alright.

And if you're a casual reader with no knowledge of the terms XML, PHP, CSS, etc, I apologize. I'm in a techie-kind-of-mood right now. Let's just say I'm trying to make the webpages look better for everyone.

No comments: