2004-09-14

Not easy being a rider

Admittedly, I've only been riding the bike (motorscooter in case you're asking) for a year and a half, but I'm amazed at a couple of things...
1. Smokescreen attacks - yep, when you're behind some diesel-pumping, carbon monoxide-producing fume machine, I tell you... talk about a quick way to get emphesema.
2. Flying bugs. Travelling in your face at 50kph+... ugh.
3. Something I'm surprised more accidents haven't come from, if you're behind one of those drivers that smokes and uses their window as the ashtray (Hello! You have an ashtray in your car! Dumbass!), and you can see the sparks flying up at you and I wonder if any of them have gotten caught in someone's eyes. I know, I sound like Andy Rooney now, but wait for...
4. I've gotten splashed a couple of times by errantly-flying windshield-wiper fluid. Who designed those things so that the spray flies right over the roof of the car and all the way back into my face? Ugh. Another thing I wonder about regarding causing possible accidents.

I know, I'm overthinking, but still...

No comments: