2008-03-09

Horse crap on the roads

While I was riding behind Bermuda's favourite commercial vehicle today (it must be on special Sunday privileges, heh) I found myself having to weave around large piles of horse crap. Literally. Big loads of the stuff. I noticed that one set had already been run through so I feel sorry for the poor soul whose vehicle now smells like a septic tank.

Why is it that we allow horses to defecate on Bermuda's roads with no regard to what other drivers and pedestrians have to deal with? While admitting that such a change could eventually lead to it being translated to dogs crapping along the railway trails, etc., owners of these animals ought to be liable for this. If Corporation of Hamilton can mandate that horses leading carriages must wear diapers then Government at large should do the same for horses on public roads (and the railway trail too).

No comments: