2005-08-12

Email: Worried about my eyes

Once again I'm now wondering about my own mortality.

Went to the opthamologist's office today. Oddly enough a third different doctor was on hand to examine my eye. Apparently the prescription has worked well and I can now begin to gradually wean myself off of the Pred Forte. However the doctor thinks that there may be something else with my eyes, and asked me to check up on my family history relating to glaucoma.

Dang. Glaucoma is one of the common words you hear about concerning eye problems (along with cataracts). So now I'm pretty concerned. I'm doing some research today at http://www.glaucoma.org/ to learn about this ailment. I'm still under 30 so it would be rare for me to develop it just yet but I probably am at higher risk due to my ethnic background and possibly family history (I'm not sure of the whys but both of my parents do use prescription eyewear at times).

I cherish my vision and would not wish to lose my sight so I'm taking this stuff very seriously. My field test isn't until November but I'm going to be wary of everything up to that date.

No comments: