2005-05-06

Good ol' Vacation

I'll be in Barbados for several days starting on the 7th. I'm not sure if I'll continue to Book bad drivers in Barbados, I'm sure I'll find myself frustrated at a few things but I'll be primarily a pedestrian or passenger when I'm down there so will be crossing my fingers that some joker doesn't side-swipe me.

I was disturbed the other day when a woman who I held a door open for, appeared to make every effort not to look at me. It's not like I expect a "thank you", but an acknowledgement would be the nice and proper thing to do. Or if you feel offended by the gesture (which I won't discount considering that some women could get anal about this kind of thing), let me know. Otherwise I just wonder if it's because she has an elitist complex, think I'm the hired doorman, or even has racial issues to deal with. I don't know. I doubt that it's the latter, but who knows.

I'll be blogging occassionally when I'm down there. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with my fellow Beachlimers, influence the third member of the Network to stop slacking off and publish something (you know who you are, heh), and get to relax and seek out a few things. And by 'things', I mean property. Oh stop that,... I mean land of course.

No comments: